On My Weigh!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I MADE IT!

I actually completed my first ever 10k run today and ran all 6.2 miles without walking. I ran it in 54 minutes and 11 seconds and was 115th out of 709 girls in my 25-29 age division. I am so proud of myself and my accomplishment! It was such a great feeling! Yay! They had photographers set up all over the race so I should see pictures in another week or so, so I'll share those if any are good that I order.
Oh, and Lillian and Mom stood by the fence by the finishline to cheer me on in the end. It was great to see Lillian's big smile! It was really tough....I'm glad I worked up to 9 miles on the treadmill because switching to roads and adding hills really gets you! I could have called it quits at the 5 mile mark, but pushed myself to the finish! The fun parts were at the mile markers where they had a live band playing music while people handed out water. It was fun to see what was next.



Special thanks to my mom for watching Lillian during the race. She said she had fun and enjoyed seeing everything. Brandon ran and walked with Andrew around a shorter distance. Both kids were very good considering waking up early and all the sitting in strollers. It was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That's a major accomplishment. Hopefully we'll be able to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete